This is one of my favorite go-to recipes in the morning. It’s so easy to make that Sarah doesn’t even need my help. Here’s what you do…
Throw it all together:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ounce chili powder — I use 1/2 jar of Mexene
Just add everything to a gallon size bag that pinches or zips shut. Hand it to your kid, and let him/her smoosh (official cooking term) it all together. Put it in the refrigerator over night so the flavors can marinate.
- Add 1/2 of chorizo to hot skillet.
- Add finely chopped onion to taste.
- Brown on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes or until pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Add 6-8 eggs.
- Add salt to taste.
- Scramble eggs with chorizo until eggs are cooked.
This is chorizo in a pretty pure and simple form. Every Mexican family has his/her favorite additions ranging from adding oregano to cumin (comino) to garlic. Any way you make it at home is going to taste significantly better than the pork parts and who knows what chemicals versions that you’ll find in many stores. Simple. Delicious. Paleo. Enjoy!